IDBLUE devices are always using power (even small amounts when off to maintain the device internal clock ). To prevent permanent battery damage when the battery is left at critically low levels for long periods, customers must follow proper handling procedures to maintain battery integrity – including recommended procedures for long-term storage.
IDBLUE Device Handling Procedures
IDBLUE devices use a permanent Lithium Ion battery and must follow proper handling procedures to maintain maximum battery life.
- The devices are shipped with a partially charged battery in order to maximize battery life.
- Devices need to be charged fully before using. Fully charging a battery should take up to 2 hours on a dedicated USB 2.0 compliant charger.
- You can get ~8 hours device usage time on a full battery charge.
- If the battery cannot maintain a charge for long periods of time, even when they are charged correctly, it may indicate the battery life has been compromised.
- Battery performance will deteriorate over time even if stored for a long period of time without being used.
- For long term storage, it is recommended the battery be charged every 60 days maximum to maintain battery performance.
- Don’t charge any device that may be damaged or swollen.
- Don’t continue charging if any part of the device is getting warm.
- Don’t charge batteries unattended, always remain alert and monitor the charging process.
- Don’t use or leave the device at very high temperature (for example, at strong direct sunlight or in a vehicle in extremely hot weather). Otherwise, it can overheat/catch fire or device performance may be compromised.
- Don’t attempt to repair/replace the battery.
Failure to follow these handing procedures may void the 1 year Manufacturer Warranty. Battery replacement services may be available outside the warranty- please contact IDBLUE Support for more information.
This information is also available for download in PDF format on our IDBLUE Documentation page.
Posted in: IDBLUE Questions